Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tip Tuesday!

Oops! I guess this Tip Tuesday! should be about learning to read a calendar.  

I told you last week that the next couple of weeks were going to be quite busy so I was going to "pre-post" some items. I had this post up and scheduled to magically appear at 2:01 am on May 13th. I did that because I thought May 13th was Tuesday - NOT Wednesday.

Imagine my surprise when I checked the blog before heading to bed and found that the post had not shown up. Upon checking I realized that I had scheduled it for the wrong date. ARRGGGGHHHH!

Anyway, here it is - a day late. Sorry!

"Tip Tuesday!" - Making Rugs Stay in Place

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired!
************************************************


I've made a number of rugs in the past couple of years - woven rugs, quilted rugs, chenille rugs, etc. Here are a few pictures. 

These two are from the Hugs and Kisses Blog Hop and were very fun to make. Read about these rugs HERE.  



Here are a couple of chenille rugs I made for Sheryll and Linda. Read about these HERE.



So, why am I talking about rugs on Tip Tuesday!? Because I've struggled with how to make these rugs stay put and not slide around. I've tried a number of options but I have yet to be totally please with the outcome.

I've tried lining the back with that squishy shelf liner. That works, but can't be washed in the washer or it will fall apart.

I've used that same shelf liner and basted triangles of it in the corners of the rugs, but again; it doesn't last and has to be removed for washing.

I've tired using different fabrics for the backing but that's been a pain on which to sew.

And the search continued until I saw something on www.marthastewart.com  that sounded interesting.

rug.jpg

This has worked for me and there are a lot of comments with other suggestions.  I'm excited about this because I want to make more rugs this summer. 

So, if you have some slippery rugs, check out the link above and see if you can find a solution to the problem.

Have a great day Everyone!

No comments: