Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tip Tuesday! Be Passionate

"Tip Tuesday!" - Be Passionate

I love learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with my quilting friends. So, every Tuesday I'll provide some tips, hints, tricks, tutorials, shortcuts, etc. that I've learned over the years and share them here on the blog. 

"Tip Tuesday" will be a collection of information about a wide variety of subjects garnered from a large variety of sources.  I am not an expert by any means and do not take credit for being the great wizard behind all of these hints and tips. I will gladly give due credit whenever possible.

These tips will be archived and accessible to you just by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" tab above. 

Read, enjoy, and be inspired! 

image from: http://maryjoscloth-design.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

I feel like I should be starting a 
Quiltaholics meeting. 

"Hi. My name is Joanne and I'm passionate about quilting."

*********************************


Do you remember THIS POST about the Log Cabin class I recently taught?

What about Carla's pink, black and grey block? Do you remember that?


This block looked great and I was excited for Carla because I knew SHE was excited. Carla stopped by the classroom last week while I was teaching the Tahoe Tote class. I knew she was planning to stop by after the class so we could discuss her layout options and techniques because she had never put together pieced blocks and she just wanted to be sure she was doing it correctly. (Other than one rag quilt, this was Carla's first quilt.)

Image my surprise when she opened her bag and pulled out this beauty.



She told me that she left the class and sewed until 11:30 pm because she was so excited. By the time she went to bed she had pieced all of the blocks, played with a few layouts, decided on this one and started sewing the rows together. She got up Sunday morning and finished the quilt top and even pieced the backing. Later that afternoon, she sandwiched the quilt and waited anxiously until Tuesday when she could get to the shop and discuss her hand quilting options and show off her progress. 

Carla is hooked! She has found a new passion and I'm happy to have been a part of that. 

Do you still have that passion?


Can you see the excitement in Carla's eyes as she is peeking over the top of her quilt? She was just beaming!


One of my favorite things about teaching is seeing the excitement of the students. The class often begins with some reservations and timidness, but I love that "Ah Ha!" moment when they see the blocks coming together and the quilt top taking form. It is especially fun and fulfilling when the excitement turn to passion and I get to be a witness to that.


No matter what you do, be passionate about it! 


What's yours?

1 comment:

Calicojoan said...

My name is Joan and I wanna be part of your quiltaholics meeting! ;-)