Monday, August 11, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I've missed a few design wall Monday's, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. I just can't show a few of my recent quilting adventures yet because they are for upcoming blog hops and I don't want to show them until then. I've also been working on a few gifts and other items that I don't want to show, just in case the recipients would happen upon the blog.

And truth be told, I have been crazy busy with other stuff and I was even "unplugged" for a while. That was really nice, quiet and relaxing, but eventually I began to think about all the stuff I needed to do and it wasn't so wonderful anymore. 

Summer is quickly coming to an end and that means I have to get my Fall classes in order. I plan to substitute teach again this year and even have a few dates already scheduled. In terms of quilting classes, I want to concentrate on some new and fun things, like this ruler (and a few patterns) that I bought a year or so ago and had never used.


They sell the Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful at M & E Quilt Shoppe  and that was a sign to me that I needed to get mine out and play a little. I pulled a couple of fabrics from my "practice with me" bin and started cutting and sewing. I just used two fabrics for the tests and even though I'm still playing, I'm ready to pull fabric for a real project. Now to decide which pattern to use....

Here's my practice blocks. There are two different blocks here - the oval one that is in the center and the other partial rings. I'll make a few more of each of the blocks so I can continue to practice and also so I can make a small quilt, table runner, etc. I had a bit of a brain freeze when I started reading how to use the ruler, but once I watched Jenny's tutorials, it all made sense and the really good pictures in all of her patterns made perfect sense. 


If you are interested in our guild 2014 quilt raffle click HERE!

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls today.

Go to Judy L's Patchwork Times

1 comment:

Mary said...

I thought that thumbnail was the Quilt Curve ruler in action. I met the ladies from Sew Kind of Wonderful and watched how easy this ruler works. Have fun with it. Scrappy or two color make a great quilt.